Access Gateway Setup (On Bare Metal)
To setup a Magma Access Gateway, you will need a machine that satisfies the following requirements:
Docker host where the container AGW_DEPLOY will be built. This container can be run directly on your machine or a remote host, as long as it can reach your Access Gateway. The
agw_prepare.shscript will assign the static IP address 10.0.2.1 to the
eth1interface, so on your host, assign the interface that you are using to connect to the AGW the IP address
255.255.255.0, and set the priority of this interface to maximum.
AGW_HOST: 64bit-X86 machine, hardware strongly recommended (not virtualized). You will need two ethernet ports. We use enp1s0 and enp2s0 in this guide. They might have different names on your hardware so just replace enp1s0 and enp2s0 with your current interfaces name in this guideline. One port is for the SGi interface (default: enp1s0) and one for the S1 interface (default: enp2s0). Note that the
agw_prepare.shscript will rename the
1. Create boot USB stick and install Debian on your AGW host
- Download .iso image from Debian mirror
- Create bootable usb using etcher tutorial here
- Boot your AGW host from USB (Press F11 to select boot sequence, :warning: This might be different for your machine). If you see 2 options to boot from USB, select the non-UEFI option.
- Install and configure you access gateway according to your network defaults.
- Make sure to enable ssh server and utilities (untick every other)
- Connect your SGi interface to the internet and select this port during the installation process to get an IP using DHCP.
2. Prepare AGW_HOST
- [AGW_HOST] Prepare AGW_HOST
su wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/magma/magma/v1.0.0/lte/gateway/deploy/agw_prepare.sh sh agw_prepare.sh
A prompt will pop up to as you if you want to stop removing linux-image-4.9.0-11-amd64 please hit: No
3. Prepare AGW_DEPLOY
- [AGW_DEPLOY] Build and run AGW_DEPLOY container
git clone https://github.com/magma/magma.git ~/magma git fetch && git fetch --tags git checkout v1.0.0 cd ~/magma docker build --build-arg CACHE_DATE="$(date)" -t agw_deploy -f lte/gateway/docker/deploy/Dockerfile . docker run -it agw_deploy bash scp ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub firstname.lastname@example.org:/home/magma/.ssh/authorized_keys
4. Build openvswitch on Access Gateway
- [AGW_DEPLOY] Run build playbook
cd ~/magma/lte/gateway/deploy ansible-playbook -e "MAGMA_ROOT='~/magma' OUTPUT_DIR='/tmp'" -i agw_hosts ovs_build.yml
5. Deploy Access Gateway
- [AGW_DEPLOY] Run deploy playbook
cd ~/magma/lte/gateway/deploy ansible-playbook -i agw_hosts -e "PACKAGE_LOCATION='/tmp'" ovs_deploy.yml