This page provides an entry point for understanding Magma's codeowners (maintainers) -- both who they are, and how to become a codeowner yourself.
Instructions on joining our Slack workspace is provided in the Magma community page.
This section provides the GitHub-to-Slack mappings for all Magma maintainers.
Magma technical leads
Magma technical leads are an informal subset of the Magma maintainers, organized to provide an entry point for each top-level component during public development.
|Component||GitHub||Slack (email)||Slack (displayname)|
|AGW (3GPP)||email@example.com||Ulas Kozat|
|FeG (federation, core integration)||firstname.lastname@example.org||Oriol Batalla|
Magma codeowners, aka maintainers, both support a particular part of the project, as well as support the Magma Core Foundation as voting members of the Magma project's governance.
|GitHub||Slack (email)||Slack (displayname)|
Become a codeowner
To become a codeowner, send a message in the
#governance-codeowners channel saying "I'd like to be considered as a Magma codeowner for component XXX".
From there, an existing codeowner will shepherd the request. This will proceed through the following steps
- An existing codeowner will need to initiate your nomination
- Your nomination will be voted on, and needs to receive a majority vote from the current codeowners
In order to receive a nomination, the project requests the following qualities in relation to the Magma project, with example ways to fulfill
- Solid contributions history (example: 7+ PRs merged)
- Solid code review history (example: 10+ code reviews)
- Demonstrated ownership of particular component (example: contributions and code review for sessiond service)
- Demonstrated technical leadership of particular component (example: driving component design/evolution during code review, and/or through writing 1+ design docs)
Please note that this set of qualities is not an exact requirement -- if you're interested in supporting the project as a codeowner, please reach out! We'd love to work with you, and work on a path toward you becoming a Magma codeowner.