Access Gateway Setup (On Bare Metal)
To setup a Magma Access Gateway, you will need a machine that satisfies the following requirements:
- AGW_HOST: 64bit-X86 machine, hardware strongly recommended (not virtualized).
You will need two ethernet ports. We use enp1s0 and enp2s0 in this guide.
They might have different names on your hardware so just replace enp1s0 and
enp2s0 with your current interfaces name in this guideline.
One port is for the SGi interface (default: enp1s0) and one for the S1
interface (default: enp2s0). Note that the
agw_install.shscript will rename the
1. Create boot USB stick and install Debian on your AGW host
- Download .iso image from Debian mirror
- Create bootable usb using etcher tutorial here
- Boot your AGW host from USB (Press F11 to select boot sequence, :warning: This might be different for your machine). If you see 2 options to boot from USB, select the non-UEFI option.
- Select “Install” option.
- Network missing firmeware "No"
- Primary network interface "enp1s0"
- Hostname: “magma”
- Domain name : “”
- Root password: “magma”
- Username : “magma”
- Password: “magma”
- Partition disk: "Use entire disk"
- Select disk to partition: "sda"
- Partitioning scheme: "All files in one partition"
- Only tick ssh server and utilities (untick every other)
- Connect your SGi interface to the internet and select this port during the installation process to get an IP using DHCP.
2. Deploy magma on the AGW_HOST
Pre Install Check
Pre Install Check script provides information on the changes that will be made to the system by the AGW installation script.
cd ~/magma/lte/gateway/deploy ./agw_pre_check.sh
Run AGW installation
cd ~/magma/lte/gateway/deploy ./agw_install.sh
The machine will reboot but It's not finished yet, the script is still running in the background. You can follow the output there
journalctl -fu agw_installation
When you see "AGW installation is done." It means that your AGW installation is done, you can make sure magma is running by executing:
service magma@* status
Post Install Check
cd ~/magma/lte/gateway/deploy ./agw_post_install.sh